The Emergency Preparedness Department is tasked with preparing Public Health, its partners and the community to respond to adverse events that affects the public’s health in our community.
Activities are planned in cooperation with the public, healthcare and safety organizations in Morrow and surrounding counties ensuring the Central Region of Ohio is ready for emergency events.
- Cooperative efforts with community, business, healthcare, security and safety organizations have been enhanced to deal with any emergency event.
- Cooperative agreements have been developed with adjoining counties and healthcare organizations to strengthen the regional ability to provide mutual aid.
- We perform simulated “Adverse Event” training exercises annually with our regional partners.
The Emergency Response Plan for the Morrow County Health Department can be downloaded here. We welcome public feedback on the Plans. Please send comments by email to Patti Ray, RN, BSN at email@example.com.
- How can you prepare, plan and stay informed?
- Learn more about being prepared in case of a disaster at Be Red Cross Ready. Visit the Ready Campaign's website to learn more about preparing for emergencies including natural and man-made disasters. There's a section for Families, one for Kids and one for Business.
- How can you get involved by volunteering?
- The Medical Reserve Corps provides an opportunity for volunteers with medical skills and a variety of other specialties to provide support during a public health emergency in Morrow County.