Morrow County school districts contract with the Morrow County Health Department to provide school nurses.
Email a school nurse:
School Nursing duties include:
- Provide health counseling and health teaching.
- Responsible to check all student's immunization records and insure immunization compliance with Ohio law
- Provide health teaching in the classroom as a resource for the classroom teacher
- Perform health screenings for communicable diseases, hearing and vision, and scoliosis
- Responsible to identify students with special health care needs, develop a plan of care in collaboration with the parent and the student's physician, and instruct the school staff with the appropriate information
- Collaborate with cafeteria workers when a student has special nutrition needs as allergies, special diets (diabetes, pureed foods, etc.)
- Serve on school committees and teams
- Assists with planning for the safety of students with special health needs
"School nursing is a specialized practice of professional nursing that advances the well-being, academic success, and life-long achievement of students. To that end, school nurses facilitate positive student responses to normal development; promote health and safety; intervene with actual and potential health problems; provide case management services; and actively collaborate with others to build student and family capacity for adaptation, self-management, self-advocacy and learning."
Adopted by the National Association of School Nurses, June 1999