- Get rid of any standing water.
- Flip over planters or buckets that hold water.
- Cover up pools.
- Clear out all trash, cans and tires.
- Pay attention to your water features.
- Declutter your yard.
- Mosquitoes love overgrown trees, brush, weeds and tall grass.
- Consider putting in some mosquito-repelling herbs, flowers and plants:
- Citronella grass
Fight the Bite
- Mosquitoes breed in water.
- Only a few of the 59 species of mosquitoes in Ohio can
transmit disease. However, the diseases these mosquitoes
can carry are very serious ones and include:
- Eastern equine encephalitis
- La Crosse encephalitis
- St. Louis encephalitis
- West Nile virus
Ticks and Diseases
- Three types of Ticks in Ohio:
- American Dog Tick
- Blacklegged (Deer) Tick
- Lonestar Tick